Originally Posted by edodonnell
These apps can safely be removed from the LG Optimus M.
Apps safe to remove:
These apps SHOULD NOT be removed:
- Boingo_Wi-Fi.apk - Boingo WiFi
- Email.apk - Email app - Safe to remove if you use Gmail or some other email app
- LG-MS690_MetroBackup_1.27_PRODBuild_10082010.apk - MetroBackup
- LGMS690_MetroNavigator_4.9.1_Build_57_10222010_rel _signed_PROD.apk - MetroNavigator
- LGMS690_MetroPCS_EasyWiFi_V4.0.90.apk - EasyWiFi
- Loopt_Android_2.4.1_Oct.13.2010.apk - Loopt
- Metro411.apk - Metro411
- metroappstore-v1.3a.apk - MetroPCS App Store
- MobileBanking.apk - Mobile Banking
- MobilePosse.apk - MyExtras
- Mocospace-1.2.4.apk - Moco Space
- MPCS-MobileIM-0.4.24.2.apk - MobileIM
- MVC.MetroPCS.android02.apk - Virtual Card
- PEX-188.8.131.52-metro-rc.apk - Pocket Express
- PGA_Android.apk - Games
- SNS.apk - LG Facebook and Twitter app
- thinkdroid.apk - Think Free Office
- UNO_DEMO_LG_MS690_EN_NONIGP_MetroPCs_TS_307.apk - UNO Game
- z7-android2x.apk - Mail@Metro
- Phone.apk - Phone app/dialer
- Settings.apk - Settings menu
- Talk.apk - Google Talk - Android Market will not work without it.
I agree with the list that you can
uninstall the items you listed.
I would add a caveat. 99% you do
want to uninstall -- quickly and with haste, to get a better phone experience. But two items on the list ARE useful:
- Easy Wi-Fi gives you free access to over 500,000 wi-fi hot spots nationwide. Just might need it sometime. One of those "can't hurt/might even help" apps.
- Also "Think Free Office" lets you view and edit Word, Excel, Powerpoint documents someone might send you. It's quite useful! Another "just in case" app you should probably keep. It was actually nice this included this, preinstalled. See more here: ThinkFree Mobile for Android Smartphones
The rest? Yeah, trash.