View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
mdizzle99
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Public Service Announcement - All New Rooters

With all the new rooters out there (welcome), I would just like to make a little reminder because the importance of this step seems to get overlooked at times...

Make Nand Backups!

To do so, I recommend going here and reading section 3 very carefully (thanks matlock).

Before you flash anything it is good practice to make a backup. Before you flash a new ROM; make a nand backup. Before you flash any kind of theme or mod; make a nand backup. Even if you just rooted so you can remove bloatware and possibly tether; make a nand backup! They are quite easy to make and can help be a safety net if anything goes wrong. If needed, you will be very grateful you have one.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw this out there in case anybody has rooted and has not made one. Happy Evoing.

------------------------

Flyjbaker also has a good comment below where he points out "DON'T FREAK OUT."
I can add that there have been very, very, very few situations where I have heard of people having problems that are unfixable. It is not impossible, but very unlikely that you will truly "brick" your phone.
Last edited by mdizzle99; January 10th, 2011 at 01:22 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mdizzle99 For This Useful Post:
GACivEng (September 1st, 2012), manuel13san (January 20th, 2011), ocnbrze (January 27th, 2011), reyesgie1 (November 9th, 2013), Xtremedays (January 27th, 2011)