View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2011, 08:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
Manga4life

Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: Not Provided

I would say that it's only a matter of time until Sprint's HTC Hero is phased out for good, I mean, the phone has been out now for about 15 months and it's had a nice life and has done well for the carrier. Unfortunately, nobody is looking for an older Android phone that is not as sexy looking as some of the newer models on the sales floor, especially if they know that it isn't going to be getting FroYo or any other kind of cool upgrade to it, I guess it's time to let the old dog rest for good now. Heck, even Radioshack and Best Buy in my area no longer carry the Hero, last I saw the Hero at Radioshack it was at a regular price of $50 for new activations as well as upgrades, and that was probably September/October of 2010.

I've had my Hero since Feb 2010 and it's served me well, I'll be due for an upgrade next month and I think I'll either be going with the EVO Shift 4G or the Epic 4G, but I'll always remember the Hero for being the phone that introduced me to the Android OS, for that I will always be thankful.