View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2011, 10:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
ChazzMatt

Device(s): GNex GT-i9250 with AndroidME v.1.4, (formerly) LTE LG Esteem with ROM #2, LG Optimus M
Carrier: Straight Talk SIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edodonnell View Post
After deleting Browser.apk, whenever I tried to install an app from the market, it would download and then crash without installing. The error message was "The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." The app would eventually install after I restarted Android Market several times. Replacing Browser.apk fixed this.
Thanks for the update. I went back and edited any posts where I quoted your list, so that the browser package was not mentioned. Thank you for compiling this list. It's the most complete I've seen yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edodonnell View Post
I agree that many people will find those apps useful. I was am really just trying to get a complete list of which apps can safely be deleted without damaging anything else, regardless of how useful they may be.
I understand and I was not criticizing you for listing those two apps -- "Easy Wi-Fi" and "Think Free Office". It's just I know people get enthusiastic and what *can* be removed should not be confused with what *should* be removed. I was just adding some context that not everything on the list is bloatware.