View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
EVOAndy

Device(s): HTC EVO
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caloy View Post
I wasted my money on Geek Squad (Best Buy) Black Tie Protection Plan. When I had to use it because of a malfunctioning 4G radio, they give me so much grief that I decided to call Sprint. I cancelled my GSBTPP, and went on Sprint's TEP. They will always say that they will replace it with a new phone, but in the end, if it's repairable it get's repaired. They never tell you that 95% of the time it's repairable.

Do yourself a favor, and call Sprint and switch to TEP.
Isn't there a $100 deductible though on top of the seven dollars (I think) a month? There wasn't any deductible on Best Buy. Neither of them sound that great. Best Buy doesn't really replace your phone like they should and Sprint kinda gets you on the deductible. I think when I get my phone back I'll definitely cancel Best Buy's insurance and possibly switch to sprint's or find a good third party company that charges yearly. Or just start taking care of my phone

I never really cared about it because I knew I had insurance and I could just get a new one if anything happened but I got a wakeup call on this one. Guess I'll just have to read the fine print and other people's experiences next time! Thanks for the advice.