View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #44 (permalink)
drexappeal

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caloy View Post
Yeah there's a $100 deductible, if your phone was lost or stolen. Not sure about replacements due to accidental damage, but replacement due to manufacturer defects should be free of charge. I got my replacement (refurbished) within 3 days of my call free of charge.
That's correct.

Just to give people a "for instance," I had my Touch Pro replaced 4 or 5 times through Sprint. Only once did they even have to give it to Asurion. What they told me was that whenever they see that a customer pays for the Sprint insurance, they'll do whatever they can "in store," prior to even needing to involve Asurion. And beyond that, if they can't replace it "in store," Asurion will replace the phone free of charge unless it was an issue clearly caused by the customer and not by a manufacturer defect.

So, unless the damage is clearly caused by you and not because of a manufacturer's defect, I've always had an easy time with Sprint replacements/repairs.