Thread: General Huawei ideos X6
View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
Jazziette

Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai237 View Post
I live in Sweden and I've heard different stories about when it will be released here. On GSM arena it says may 2011.

A guy on a swedish android forum told me that the swedish huawei support told him that it will be released here in 1-2 month.

I have called the huawei support myself and ended up talking to the international support. The guy over there told me that it will be released around this summer.

I'm really interested in this one but it's quite frustrating not to know when it will be released :P
Hi Samurai! I know just what you mean. During the CES there was a release by Cricket's VP of devices that they would be carrying the X5 and the X6, but it appears now that this might have been wishful hoping on his part.

(Cricket is a US provider who is carrying the Huawei Ascend.)

Now I have learned it is a GSM phone. I know this doesn't help you, but Cricket is CMDA so now I don't know when it will be coming to the US but when it does come it will be offered by T-Mobile here.

This phone has received a huge response and is already in huge demand. Yesterday I compared it to the Samsung Fascinate and was shocked at how well it stacked up.

Hope it will be coming your way soon. If you hear anything let us know!