Thread: Herotab MID816
View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2011, 04:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
jtbnet

Device(s): 2xMoto Droid1s, 2xZT-180, WitsA81E, 2xViewsonic GTabs, Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneroberts View Post
First of all when i received the 816 i couldnt get much to work on there. The slideme market was useless. the screen on the 816 is very touchy and whenever i try to move the page on the screen it either jumps around or opens an application that i dont want. i figured when the firmware update came out that would fix all the issues. unfortunatly i cant get the firmware update to work. i followed the video and that didnt seem to help. i added the 4 files to the system 32 and when i tried to use the update bat file a window opens and says press any key to continue. i press enter like the video says, the window closes and nothing happens on the tablet or on the computer. i got both computer to recognize the tablet on vista and windows 7 but wont install. i have contacted merimobiles and one guy said he had other complaints about missing files from their link. i have sent emails and even did a live chat which they never responded to. they still havent sent the 4gb sd card that they promised since there were delays in the tablets arrival. any ideas anyone?
You might want to check out M816 section over on Slatedroid;

HeroTab M816

as there seems to be info with tips, tricks, videos, custom firmware, etc... seems like could be a lot of useful stuff ... though as I don't have one of these I haven't read a lot of it...