View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2011, 07:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
Trident
Premium Member
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid, LG Ally, Logitech Revue, HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 2,333 Times in 414 Posts
Contact for info

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartino5920 View Post
EDIT: Seems you have to rename the update.zip file.

I know it's not in the instructions but i got into recovery and was going to apply update.zip, but it said no such directory found, meaning it doesn't recognize the OTA name as update.zip
Hmm.. it shouldn't need to be renamed. Anyone else have this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman1110 View Post
Can I follow these instructions if I am currently running Velocity .4? My baseband version reads VS740MV7.5210.1013 and right now clockwork recovery is flashed. Thanks. If all goes well I will be donating.
Yes, you can. You can follow these instructions over any ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohobojo View Post
Is it worth it to get froyo rite now or should i w8 for roms to com out?
Might as well go ahead and prepare.. you MUST follow these instructions in order to use FroYo ROMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socobandit View Post
To clarify....up until youre at zvc vdersion, it's the same as the old way to flash v06 and recovery right?
Yes, you are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_is_the_man View Post
Still kinda new to all this, I am currently running the Punisher ROM on my Ally, if I follow the instructions above, what ROM will actually be installed on my Ally?
The stock ROM FroYo ROM will be installed to your device. Then you will go through the process of rooting your device.

HTC Thunderbolt

Please do not PM me with phone related support queries, that's what the forums are for!

Site Rules/ Guidelines & Zero Tolerance Policy

Last edited by Trident; January 22nd, 2011 at 08:06 AM.