Thread: Tablet apps
View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
ckeegan

Device(s): Active: GNex, XOOM| Retired: Droid2, Touch Pro2, XV6800, XV6700, XV6600
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakTheQuad View Post
if only ckeegan and a few other people are willing to pay the rumored price.
Thanks for the shout-out, but I hardly think only me and a few others will be the early adopters. If people are willing to spend $300 on a Galaxy Tab from Sprint or $250 on T-Mobile (not to mention the million+ people who spent $650), and be strapped to a 2-year agreement, it's ridiculous to think others wouldn't be willing to spend $700-800 for the Xoom with no contract. The Xoom ends up being cheaper, and you can even defer the cost over 18 months if you get it at Best Buy. While I think 18 months same as cash is stupid, people still have the option.

As for apps though, definitely something I've considered. However, obviously it's in Google's best interests to plan ahead. We already know a game like Dungeon Defenders is running very well on the Xoom, so it's definitely safe to assume that Google has allowed certain major developers access to what they need to get the ball rolling. It wouldn't surprise me at all if devs like Rovio, Pandora, EA, Facebook, etc are already working on their respective apps.