View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Aria807
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Cool REVIEW: Seidio Innocase Surface Case - Google Nexus S

Seidio Innocase Surface Case - Google Nexus S

I will have to say this is like exactly the same case being sold at Best Buy. I would suggest buying it from Seidio since it is cheaper and there are more colors available than just black and purple. I just received the case today for review. So far, I think this case has a very good texture. Allows for above average to good grip, but doesn't give a sticky feeling like a pure silicone case (sticking inside your pant pockets when trying to get the phone out). Feels like hard rubber and not the silicone cases, which easily attracts lint and dust (especially the darker colored ones).

The case is 2 pieces, and fits and snaps together perfectly. It isn't loose so the phone doesn't wiggle inside the case. The case also has openings for the side volume and power buttons. I have another Gel case by AMZER and it covers the buttons so sometimes it is hard to tell if I pushed on them or not. This case doesn't have that issue.

I'm not exactly sure how well the case will absorb damage if the phone is dropped; however should be ok if it's just a minor drop like off a table. It is a relatively thin case but it will primarily prevent scratches. I have also heard from Seidio that they will have an Innocase Active X available soon that offers more protection.

The only thing I didn't really like is that this case is 2 pieces (front and back) snapped together, and I do notice where the 2 pieces come together, some parts are slightly more separated and doesn't meet 100%. I've seen other Innocases, such as for the Samsung Captivate, where it is 2 pieces (top and bottom) snapped together so maybe it gets a better closure where the 2 pieces meet. Again it is very miniscule so unless you are OCD, you probably won't even notice. Another thing is, the case I received for review is black, and it does pick up a little bit of dust or at least it is visible due to color contrast. But the material isn't silicone, so the dust can easily be brushed / blown off.

Overall I would give this case a 9/10 because it can still get a little dusty. Maybe a gray version of this would be best so the dust won't be visible.

Pictures:
The Following User Says Thank You to Aria807 For This Useful Post:
gadzooks (January 27th, 2011)