View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2011, 11:55 AM   #21 (permalink)
Mac_Leod

Device(s): Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denny View Post

For Windows Vista/7 you might not see the New Hardware Found Wizard. Open the Device Manager (Right click My Computer, select Manage..., select the Device Manager). You will see an Android Phone node in the tree with a "caution" icon node beneath it. Right click on the caution-marked node and select Update Driver. Follow through specifying NOT to look in Windows Updatte and Install from a specified location. It will pop up a file open dialog. Navigate to the Android USB Driver folder, click OK, then click Next.

In either case, eventually the driver should install. At this point you have the universal drivers installed for the Incredible. They can also be used with the HTC EVO. Here's what you should see in the Windows Device Manager for each condition:
Ok, I know this is an old thread that I'm resurrecting, but I need some advice. I got to this point and I did everything. My computer tries to install the drivers, but it says there's an error, and won't install them. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, I redownloaded the zip file and tried again, and it worked.
Last edited by Mac_Leod; January 29th, 2011 at 12:03 PM.