View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2011, 01:10 PM   #29 (permalink)
geofferyh

Device(s): SuperPAD Infotmic X220 Android 2.1.1 Infotmic 1561
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuknockoff View Post
Hi Colin,

Thanks for your response. No, I didn't back it up. I guess the question boils down to what are your options if you have lost your registration and there is no way to retrieve it? Will rooting the tablet permit me to simply stop the registration request, or will it allow me to access the market again?

Thanks,
Bill
I may have finally located the party in China who can get us new registration codes.

I found out from their FAQ page that the whole purpose of the registration is so you can get future upgrades automatically over the internet. That’s it. It has no effect what so ever on the current installed system operation.

FYI, the tablet PC system software is formally known as the “WowPad Tablet PC System”. If you are not using the current official WowPad system release, the internet based “System Update” feature will not work. I would take that to mean that if you are not running Revision deb-r2.1.1170, you cannot use the “System Update” app to update to Revision deb-r2.1.1561. It would be interesting to know if those of you with “Rooted” tablets are able to update with the “System Update” app software.

I have requested a new “Registration Code” from the WowPad software system provider and will let everyone know the outcome.

See the update procedure I followed for 1561 at: http://androidforums.com/other-tablets/268427-how-perform-superpad-update-native-system-update-app.html