View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #32 (permalink)
jinwons

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemteacher2be View Post
From what I've been able to figure out T-Mobile is going to be cheaper for me than Verizon. I've also had people tell me (who've had both networks) that T-Mobile is faster for them (people living near me).

My brother is on T-Mobile, so that's a plus.

Verizon would have kept me if the iPhone were better, but I've seen too many not-so-good comments (esp. from consumer reports).

The Nexus also made me more convinced to go to T-Mobile.

So over all, you all think that between the 3G on the Nexus and the 4G on the myTouch - it's not going to be a huge difference for day-to-day use? Is the 3G REAL speed and 4G REAL speed a huge diff. or not...I think that's my biggest hold up on which of the two phones I should get (mytouch or Nexus).
I see. T-mobile is actually my second favorite carrier after Verizon. I didn't like them before, but they seem to have improved their network over last couple of years. Though I don't think their HSPA+ is true 4G, it seems certainly faster than Verizon 3G which is only 1~2Mbps at most. But I like large coverage and stability of Verizon 3G when I move around outside my resident area. My only concern for T-mobile is how reliable it is in suburban area.

Regarding the phone lineup, Verizon will also have impressive array of new android phones this year beginning with Thunderbolt this month. So I would watch how that and Verizon 4G LTE data plan turn out at least before deciding on Nexus S. There is also rumor that Incredible 2 with dual core might come to Verizon before Bionic in Q2. T-mobile lineup looks great too with phones like Optimus 2X, HTC Pyramid. But we should wait a little to see all these phones in the first half of this year.