View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2011, 08:11 PM   #33 (permalink)
elemteacher2be

Device(s): Nexus S on T-Mobile
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinwons View Post
I see. T-mobile is actually my second favorite carrier after Verizon. I didn't like them before, but they seem to have improved their network over last couple of years. Though I don't think their HSPA+ is true 4G, it seems certainly faster than Verizon 3G which is only 1~2Mbps at most. But I like large coverage and stability of Verizon 3G when I move around outside my resident area. My only concern for T-mobile is how reliable it is in suburban area.

Regarding the phone lineup, Verizon will also have impressive array of new android phones this year beginning with Thunderbolt this month. So I would watch how that and Verizon 4G LTE data plan turn out at least before deciding on Nexus S. There is also rumor that Incredible 2 with dual core might come to Verizon before Bionic in Q2. T-mobile lineup looks great too with phones like Optimus 2X, HTC Pyramid. But we should wait a little to see all these phones in the first half of this year.

I'm going to look at any other phones that come out between now and when I buy my phone (which will 99% be on the 4th or 5th of March).

While I want the newest and best, I have to keep in mind that it should be most friendly for social networks/email/web-browsing, etc.

Which leads me to another question. I was googling news the Nexus and I found a new review that mentioned something about it not being set up well for social networks (facebook/twitter). I find that hard to believe, but I thought I'd ask here.