View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
jech

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Yes, the Samsung i9000 Mini Galaxy is a Chinese clone. It's one of the many MTK6516 based dual sim Androids which are available now. They're not very good phones, no 3D, slow CPU, cheap HW, bad camera, low sensitive GPS etc. But it's still a usable dual sim Android 2.2. Not bad for that price, but definitely not a great phone. Btw. I got the Samsung i9000 Mini Galaxy so I know what I'm talking about.

I was also considering the Sharp SH81iUC. It looks good. But it's running Windows Mobile. I have a GSmart S1205 with WM (btw. MTK6516 chipset, same as Chinese dual sim Android HTC/Samsung/SONY clones). The HW is OK, but I can't stand the OS. Very slow in reactions, very unstable, it's difficult to find good applications and even more difficult to manage them. Once you tried Android you don't want to get back to WM.

So my advice would be to wait for the GSmart G1310. It should be available within 1 or 2 months. Also starting Feb 14th there will be Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, where most manufacturers present their phones for the coming year. We might see something interesting next week....