View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
doublehighc

Device(s): Droid 2 Global
Carrier: Not Provided

Many thanks to NiceGuysFinishLast for the great info. I have a Droid 2 Global and I took what was offered and used the following steps which gave me 15 hours before it hit 30%.

1) Set Battery Manager to Nighttime saver
2) Set Mobile network setting to CDMA
3) Set my screen brightness to the lowest I was comfortable with
4) Set up Wi-Fi to sleep policy setting of "Never"

One thing not mentioned in the write-up was that you can uncheck Network notification in the D2G. I am guessing that by doing this, I can leave Wi-Fi set to "Never" and when I go out, it won't be continually checking for another network and drain my batter in the process. Does anyone have any information on this feature?

BTW, I am a newbie with Android. I came over from a Blackberry as a business user. Verizon wasn't giving any indication of when/if they were going to bring os6 to the existing lineup of phones and my Curve was on its last legs. Although tempted, I refused to "take a bite of the Apple" iPhone 4. I couldn't hold out for the 4G phones due to needing a replacement. And, coming from a Blackberry, having a keyboard was crucial. The D2G is going to be a great choice for me and thanks to the advice from NiceGuysFinishLast, I now have a phone that I can use without having to carry a backup battery or adapter wherever I go.