Thread: Accessory Best Case For Optimus V
View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2011, 02:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
TVCCS
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): LG Optimus G Pro, Motorola Droid Pro XT610, Samsung Captivate Glide, Motorola Atrix 2
Carrier: Page Plus/NET10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotwiler View Post
I bought the 2 piece with belt clip/kick stand body glove case and it is durable and has a nice feel, but it is also Big, it makes my tiny optimus V larger than my old LG rumor touch. I do like it, but now I am having problems finding a leather case that I can put the phone in, the cases I have for the rumor touch dont fit now and the material on the BG case is non slip so is hard to slide into a fitted case, so not sure if I am going to buy another case or not, to me a case to hold the phone is as important as protecting the outside of the phone to keep dust dirt etc from getting into the phone. Also remember the other BG case(Entrepreneur) is a one piece for back only. The photos above of the BG cases are the same case, it comes with the belt clip hold plugged and you push out the center thing when you mount a clip. the way they make these the 2 piece with belt clip has about a 1/4 inch gap under phone with felt, thats what makes the case so big to support the belt clip mount.
The only decent leather cases I can find (so far) are the ones from PDAir mentioned in the original post. I'd get one, but I want the flap to fall down rather than up so I can leave the phone in the case when it's mounted to a button mount in the car. I got used to that setup with a Treo I've had for years and can't give it up...the BG is the next best thing...at least I found a button mount for the windshield and/or dash that works with that.

Sprint sells a lower profile Body Glove case for the Optimus S some people are using...it has a grippy back but isn't as thick.

http://shop.sprint.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/OSBrowseAccessoriesDetail?PHONE_ID=LG670KIT&catego ryRefName=Carry+%26+Protect&selectedAccessoryID=CZ L7066R
Last edited by TVCCS; February 12th, 2011 at 06:25 PM.