View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2011, 11:08 AM   #29 (permalink)
Anges

Device(s): Asus PadFone (ICS), [HTG Glacier (GB) sold]
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Rooted (and Booted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phateless View Post
Root Explorer lets you explore your phone once you are already rooted. You need to BE ROOTED to use Root Explorer. Once you're in system/app you click MOUNT R/W and then you can modify the folder. Don't forget to click MOUNT R/O when you're done.

As I mentioned in the other thread you're probably better off just installing Iced Glacier.

ICE GLACIER Version 1.1.6 - 01/18/2011 >Bugfixes** - xda-developers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talderon View Post
Easier way. Titanium Back (free) will list all system and user apps and gives the option to uninstall (and remove data).

Of course, you have to be rooted.
Thanks for the help and suggestions. As I said in my prior message, I was finally rooted and made my backup. Tonight I will get rid of the bloatware (thanks for giving me the directory name of where to go). And even though I bought root explorer, I will also look at Titanium Back up.

As for going to Iced Glacier... I don't think I am ready to do that yet. I don't have a real issue with the launcher or the speed at this time. Why? well most of the day I don't have access to my phone (I can't have it in my office where I work) so I mostly use the phone at nights and on weekends. And when I do use my phone at home, it is either my wi-fi hot spot or I am in "airplane mode" - reading an ebook or playing a game.

BUT when I am ready for a different rom. I will then explore IG.

Agnes
cause "It's so fluffy!"