View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
that1guyyep101
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): LG Apex
Carrier: Not Provided

Okay I see, anyone know around how long it'll take for an update, or for someone to develop something? I got this phone from us cellular, they only have 5 android phones available, and the two best to me were the acclaim and the apex, I went with the apex since it has a slide out keyboard. But now I'm wishing I had more internal memory ):

So if I used a custom rom or whatever would your navigator deluxe still be on my phone, or would it get erased? It's a turn by turn navigation app. that was preinstalled on my phone, all us cellular smartphones have them I believe, or most of them do. What I'm asking is will using rom's render that app. useless somehow?

I remember when I had a blackberry and I used unofficial os's and I'd try to get your navigator deluxe to work and it wouldn't.. something to do with things called service books. The issue with the blackberry was I'd click on your navigator deluxe then the terms of service would come up and I was unable to click accept.. because of some sort of glitch with that os, all of the unofficial os's were unable to work with the navigator deluxe app.

So I switched from the blackberry due to not many apps, lack of support, hated the phone.

I admit I miss the notification light, and the very customizable sound profiles & the rugged design, I also never had issues with internal memory. But the things I don't miss are the random freezing and error messages, having to restart the phone everyday to avoid issues, the notification light sometimes being glitchy and continuing to blink even though I already looked at what it was telling me to look at. I also wanted to thank you all for your help so far!

So I'd like to try a custom rom, where do I find them at, are there even any? Will my phone still fully work afterwards? Is there a way to back up my entire phone that way it'll work in case I mess it up?

I remember with my blackberry I could just connect it to the computer and back up all the settings, service books, sms & mms, 3rd party apps, everything, etc. and if I messed something up I could just delete the os, reconnect it to my computer then go back to another os, then put the settings and stuff back in, it's called blackberry desktop software.

I'm assuming there's no way to back up my phone since some of you told me I need to wait, and there's no recovery option ):