View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2011, 03:51 PM   #93 (permalink)
Jus10

Device(s): Motor Droid Bionic, Acer Iconia A501
Carrier: Not Provided

justynreid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chgachet View Post
Hello Mark,
I hope you can help me outI have been doing test after test of the data transfer on my new htc, not once I have reached 2000kps, 98% of the time I get between 500-700. I went to the corporate store, they gave me a "new sim card" that is the same look as what I had before.
I called to customer service, they told me this morning that I need to switch to the $45.00 data plan for phone to work correctly, even thou I have unlimited data plan right now.
Any ideas as to what I should do to get a decent speed on my htc?
Thanks.
I know you asked Mark, but I wanted to chime in ASAP so you're not responsible for extra data plan charges... the plan doesn't effect the speed, try to take that back down immediatley. The main reasons why you're not getting the best speeds on a device is either coverage, or network traffic, never rate plans. That's hogwash. If your speeds didn't increase after updating the SIM, it could be coverage. But if you know alot of people on iPhone, tell them to stop using so much data. Its a network hog, and frankly I wish more people took their iPhones to Verizon.