February 22nd, 2011, 07:35 PM
Join Date: Sep 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
- Home Screen:
- New Home screen tips widget assists new users on how to configure the home screen with shortcuts and widgets and how to make use of multiple home screens.
- If your zoom in with two fingers in the home screen, all panels are shown in one screen and the end user can remove the panel and/or add. The max panel number is 7.
- The Phone, applications launcher, contacts and messaging now have dedicated shortcuts on the Home screen, making it easy to access them from any of the 7 home screen panels.
- Exchange Support
- Improved security with the addition of numeric pin or alpha-numeric password options to unlock device. Exchange administrators can enforce password policy across devices.
- Remote wipe: Exchange administrators can remotely reset the device to factory defaults to secure data in case device is lost or stolen.
- Auto-discovery: you just need to know your user-name and password to easily set up and sync an Exchange account (available for Exchange 2007 and higher).
- Global Address Lists look-up is now available in the Email application, enabling users to auto-complete recipient names from the directory.
- Improved Performance
- Dalvik Performance Boost: 2x-5x performance speedup for CPU-heavy code over Android 2.1 with Dalvik JIT.
- The graph to the right shows the performance speedup from Android 2.1 to Android 2.2 using various benchmark tests. For example, LinPack is now more than 5 times faster.
- Kernel Memory Management Boost: Improved memory reclaim by up to 20x, which results in faster app switching and smoother performance on memory-constrained devices.
- Device Policy Manager
- New device policy management APIs allow developers to write "device administrator" applications that can control security features on the device, such as the minimum password strength, data wipe, and so on. Users can select the administrators that are enabled on their devices.
- Data Backup
- Apps can participate in data backup and restore, to ensure that users maintain their data after performing a factory reset or when switching devices.
- Flash Player
- Device supports Flash Player 10.1
- Lock Screen
- New lock screen mode for entering a numeric pin or alphanumeric password
- Application On External Storage
- Ability to store and run non-forward locked apps on the SD card
- Media Framework
- New media framework (Stagefright) that supports local file playback and HTTP progressive streaming
- Kernel Upgrade
- SDIO scheduling and BT improvements