View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2010, 12:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
greg72

Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

I've been using Listen. I wanted to be able to auto download my podcasts so after I read this post I tried Acast3 and found it REALLY buggy and not very intuitive. I just downloaded doggcatcher and found it easier to add the feeds I wanted to add, liked the suggested feeds it suggested (that doesn't happen often) and just found it much more intuitive. If I wake up tomorrow and all the podcasts I want are downloaded I'm hooked. Only issue I've noticed (both with Acast and doggcatcher) is it takes a long while to load a stream, listen loaded the stream within a few seconds (which it needed to do because it wouldn't automatically download overnight).

Edit: I take back what I said about streaming with DC. Can't stream at all. It says buffering, the pause icon pops up next to the podcast and every time I click play it just buffers and stays on pause. Gave it the benefit of a doubt and figured maybe it was the network. Popped up listen and hit play now on a podcast not downloaded and it started within 5 seconds. We have good 3G speeds here, maybe I'll just stick with Listen even know I like the interface on DC much more.
Last edited by greg72; January 4th, 2010 at 01:20 PM.