View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:06 AM   #140 (permalink)
yanngin

Device(s): LG Esteem (METRO piece of you know what) rooted debloated somewhat
Carrier: Not Provided

Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazziette View Post
No, nothing I consider really official. I did speak with a Cricket tech two or three days ago who offered me the info that the upgrade is forthcoming and soon. That's all I know firsthand.

If intuition counted for anything on here I would say we are about two to three weeks away. And a lot of that comes from seeing how they have handled the Zio update, which they actually haven't officially released. LOL Sprint did get it yesterday and it's working for a lot of Cricket users too.

Can't speak for MetroPCS. I don't have any clue what they are doing but I assume the same thing.

From what I've seen with Cricket they dangle the carrot for two to three weeks. I'm thinking they have to wait for code from the manufacturer and then go through training with their cust svc and techs and wait for new phones to ship in with stock 2.2 on them. This is what they did with tie Zio. The day before they announced an update was forthcoming they pulled the Zio out of the lineup. They won't put it back until they release the update and I don't think they will release it until they have phones in stock with froyo...the Zio.

Wish it were the Ascend! LOL
yea i know im just soooooooooo excited and cant wait any longer 2.1 is so shitty now lol 2011 already things should happen sooo much quicker. and i called metro todayy and asked about it she had absolutly no idea of wat android was and then she though something was wrong with my phone and advised that i upgraded my phone to a new one so i can get 4g