View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2011, 11:32 AM   #52 (permalink)
kratos
Back on my throne!!!

Device(s): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianME View Post
What's perennially bothersome about this conversation is that it always ends up spinning around the legality of such apps. But there are more than a few good, legal reasons to record one's phone calls. I'm a working writer who conducts a half-dozen phone interviews a month, all currently recorded quite legally with a dictaphone and an ear mic. I once just about socked a smarmy kid at an Office Max who told me ear mics didn't exist because it would be illegal for anyone to record their calls. It simply isn't. A functioning app that can record both sides of a phone conversation would sell quite well with journalists alone.
I think that what the largest issue is, lies in the fact that there are a handful of people who would use such devices and apps illegally. Yes, it is not illegal to record a call, but it is if both parties don't consent to it (unless of course there is a court warrant involved). I'm sure that most devs would feel that, even with disclaimers and warning, they could be held liable if someone was caught using their app illegally.

I could be wrong, but that would be my biggest concern.

Kratos

Modify your phone at your own risk! Always backup!