View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:33 PM   #145 (permalink)
Jazziette

Device(s): Huawei Ascend (Cricket) ICARUS 1.1 ROM LG Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by septembersrain View Post
I called a rep and asked him if he's expecting in any type of adapter for the Android 3.5 mm headsets. He said, "They don't make phones with those kind of sizes." I was like "Go look at Huawei Ascend. Compare it to any other phone." came back on the line "OOH. I see" ....(Silence)..."But no, We don't sell any type of adapter here". I really wanted to say "Kinda figured, Since you thought all jack sizes were universal..." but I refrained.
LOL! Why am I not surprised! The day my Ascend came in I went to the local corp store to get a blue tooth, which they didn't have the kind I wanted natch, and had my first experience with their total lack of knowledge. The first time I had to call in for support, like the second day, the rep who took my call asked me to hold while she got the manual.

I found Android Forums that day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_newb View Post
just out of curiosity like the cat but in a stupid way could you mod the zio 2.2 update since both the ascend and zio are very close in comparison?
I think you might be seeing them. No one was interested in any custom roms for the zio when it had only 1.6 but with 2.2 things should change. However, the Ascend has become the phone of choice for the techies now so I think you will still see more concentration and effort there.