View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2011, 03:50 PM   #137 (permalink)
nova664

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Wondering if anyone here can help - I broke my screen but the phone was still usable for several months (thanks to some packing tape). I ordered a new digitizer from eBay this month, followed the replacement directions someone posted in this thread. Everyone went OK, other than snapping in two a piece of the plastic that sits on the top section of the phone, near where the power button lies. Screwed back together fine. Powered on momentarily to a Boot Screen of some sort, then seemed to turn on fine. But the digitizer is not working - no touch response. I disconnected and reconnected the digitizer pins several times, no dice. I tried putting my old cracked screen back on to see if I just received a faulty digitizer from eBay, but now the old one doesn't work either. Everything else on the phone appears to work fine, power on sounds plays, shows that I have service, and calls ring through, but I can't use the phone at all with no touch support. Did I break something on the phone during the repairs? Any way to fix this??? I really cannot afford to buy a new phone.