View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Roze
Hiding behind a mystery

Device(s): Moto Atrix [lovin'] Nexus One [Lost] LG Vu [Lost]
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBERG View Post
Sorry to sound like im ragging but what freedom are you speaking of? You buy the best android phone ever built and never rooted it? How are you experiencing what the N1'S true capabilities are if you never jumped inside to see what its truly capable of?
I understand what you say in that knowing you can makes a difference for you but to never do so just kind of makes it just like any other phone, its just a stock machine that your waiting for your carrier to supply a OS for. The true beauty of what the N1 presented was a complete wide open look into what you can control firsthand with a device....but you never have. You say iphone isnt open source as a reason for not getting it? OK. Fair. It can be jailbroken though. No its not the same but its still a method of gaining more than whats initially offered. But again if the user never does than its just a stock phone.
To this day i never understood why anyone would buy a N1 and do nothing to it. Your denying technology its chance to expand. Again, not a intent to rag, just a question of why.
Simply, because my Nexus One did everything I wanted it to that the iPhone didn't (unless Jailbroken) I was able to customize it to what I wanted without the need of root and I simply enjoyed what the stock Android gave me. That's what I loved about Android over iOS; it is able to wet my tech appetite without me having to go out of my comfort zone. I think this is why most unroot Nexus One owners feel. It just works for them out of the box plain and simple. I had planned to keep my Nexus One for a couple of years and I knew that somewhere in the future, I'd feel the need to root the phone. So the knowledge that I can is a big comfort.

Many thanks,
Roze