I was using Shapewriter before, but it wasn't readily available after Nuance purchased the company. So, I was switching between Swype and Shapewriter.
After I saw that Nuance finally released the keyboard app, I tried it out.
So far, I have been impressed with it. Sure, there are some things Swype does better (mainly being able to go through a period or comma directly to the space being the one thing), but all in all I prefer Flex T9.
- Faster than swype
- More auto correct selections, verus 8 on swype
- Multiple input methods in one package
- File size is smaller than Swype (huge pro since I have a Moto Droid 1)
- Visually cleaner than Swype
- Inability to add words to a custom dictionary (none that I have found anyhow)
- Puncuation is not as fluid as with Swype.
- Swype may be slightly better with word prediction
- If tapping to enter a word, Flex T9 sometimes auto corrects without confirmation from the user.