View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2011, 07:15 AM   #64 (permalink)
kratos
Back on my throne!!!

Device(s): HTC Incredible 4G, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Retired), Motorola Droid (Reti
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlgalt View Post
The easiest would probably be to ask them first, then start the recorder and have them repeat their consent, wouldn't it?

Or can the app not be started after the call is in progress?
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x0rj3ff View Post
im pretty sure that 2 party consent means that party 1 can inform party 2 that the call is being recorded and if he continues the conversation than its obviously consent.... if he doesnt continue the convo then obviously he didnt agree to consent...
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlgalt View Post
No, that would have to be established in each state, and just because one state accepts implied consent does not mean all 2 party states do.
The trooper advised that if I were to go this route, I should get consent, start recording, and immediately confirm that consent was given again. However, I still need to talk to my attorney about it and see if it is even necessary. The trooper said that if it was him personally, he would give the quotes over the phone and then send out an email detailing the quotes and asking my client to email back confirmation that they agree with them.

I'm still trying to decide what to do...

Kratos

Modify your phone at your own risk! Always backup!