View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2011, 06:41 PM   #22 (permalink)
Buddhahint

Device(s): Samsung acclaim
Carrier: Not Provided

Let me clear this up for all of you. Us cellular does want you to pay the extra money for the tethering plan. But is not required to turn the portable hotspot on. But if you do turn it on be sure to secure it if it is not already this is very important even if you pay for the tethering plan because anyone can use your data if it is an open hotspot. It will use a large amount of data when used for streaming video and music. Or if more than one device is using it. I would advise anyone that is going to use the hotspot to get an app to keep close watch on your data usage. I do not know about other devices I use the samsung acclaim and I did use it untill I got that call from US Cell saying my bill would have been just under $1500.00 TY for overage protection I signed up for not even a week b4 this happend. So the point is if you are willing to risk it go for it but I think you would be better off paying an ISP the $50 a month for DSL or cable internet it will be faster and you don't have to worry about getting your phone shut off and they will if you go over your 5gb limit after that phone call. I would adviseeveryone to be aware of your usage on any smartphone even if you don't use tethering. They have many free apps to keep track of data usage in the market.