View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2011, 10:16 PM   #67 (permalink)
kratos
Back on my throne!!!

Device(s): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlgalt View Post
Seems the trooper and I are of like mind, seeing as he basically said what I said in the first part. But, yeah, your attorney would be able to find out the best recourse for you.

If you were to use the trooper's second method, be sure ti enable return receipts (and delivery receipts, if your email client supports it) on all outgoing mail.
It would seem that way... You're not a cop or attorney are you? LOL

Yea, I actually talked to my attorney today and he said that it is usually suggested that small businesses stay away from things like this. There is just too much that could go wrong.

I always have read receipts turned on with Microsoft Outlook. I also have it set to save a copy of all emails (sent and received) on my server with the headers in tact. Finally, I require a physical signature on the contract (either snail mailed or scanned and emailed back to me) for all clients. So, I think that this is a non-option for me at this point.

On another note, even though Illinois requires two party consent, I am trying to figure out how Medical Insurance companies get away with simply stating that they are on a recorded line. I work for a hospital full time and I never verbally consent to the recording, so I am wondering if they are recording me illegally. I probably should ask my attorney about that, but just forgot.

Kratos

Modify your phone at your own risk! Always backup!