View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2011, 11:05 PM   #69 (permalink)
kratos
Back on my throne!!!

Device(s): HTC Incredible 4G, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Retired), Motorola Droid (Reti
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlgalt View Post
Negative - Former IT worker who's back in school, currently doing my second Bachelor's in Mathematics and my first Master's in Biotechnology. Oh, and I repair computers (hardware and software) on the side.

It could be that they are not based in IL (as in headquarters)?
I hate math, but seem to be really good at it... Go figure... LOL

Most of them are not, but my attorney informed me that if I do business outside of IL, I need to know their laws and consequences and abide by them.

Oh well... I figure, if all else fails, I could attempt to create an app and charge a small fee for it ($.99 maybe) and require a signed waiver that keeps me from being held responsible if anyone decides to use the app illegally...

I'm getting pretty good at coding in Java and am starting to consider something like this since there seems to be a high demand for it.

If I did code an app to do this, would anyone be willing to sign a waiver to obtain it? Obviously, it wouldn't be a market app and would probably require some specific info from users to obtain it. I would need to talk to my attorney to see if I need to collect end user info to protect myself from any lawsuits and then have him draft up a legal waiver that protects me (and the end users). Also, what would you be willing to pay for something like this? $.99. $1.99, $10,999.99 ( ), etc?

Kratos

Modify your phone at your own risk! Always backup!