View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
RichSz
Not Entitled
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Nexus 5(u,r), N7.2-32(u,r), Nook Color, iPad2, Asus EEE Transformer w/ dock (stock)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 1,318 Times in 558 Posts
Default Just A Word Of Thanks

I took advantage of the eBay deal to get a NC for $200. After messing with the NC, I realized that I prefer the Kindle I have as a reader. In fact I feel B&N really crippled the NC with their front end; imported books are treated as second-class citizens without access to the desktop or quick read bar (whatever it's called). As someone who reads a lot of short stories which I download and convert via Calibre, this was a big issue. I was ready to sell it on CraigsList and stick with my Kindle.

Then I read about rooting the NC on here and what joys that brings. I used these forums to gather all the information I needed to get the NC rooted. I read your tips and your failures. All that information really helped!

Now I have an entry-level Android tablet which works surprisingly well. I see some people aren't digging it but for what I need, it's just fine.

So I'd like to say thank you to everyone who posts here. You folks helped make this work for me and certainly for others. I went from feeling screwed to really enjoying the Nook Color!

Apple tells people what they want, Microsoft asks what people want, Google gives people what they want (for 15 minutes).

Site Rules, for your convenience
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RichSz For This Useful Post:
ddcarter3 (March 4th, 2011), loribug26 (March 4th, 2011), UBRocked (March 6th, 2011)