March 4th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 40 Times in 15 Posts
Simplified Backup (with WiMax Backup!)
1. Find "ROM Manager" in the Market (free or paid) and install the app.
2. Open it and select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery".
3. Click on "HTC Evo Shift 4G" and then give the app root permission if it prompts you.
4. Once the flash is successful, you should see a dialog box that says "Successfully flashed ClockworkMod recovery!"
5. Press OK. ClockworkMod should now be installed on the HTC Evo Shift 4G.
6. Before you backup your phone, open the ROM Manager application and select "All Clockwork Recoveries".
7. Select the most recent version, currently it is v.22.214.171.124 (If you already have the most current version skip to step 6)
8. Press OK.
9. Your phone will flash the most current recovery image.
10. Now once your phone finished, open ROM Manager and select "Backup Current ROM".
11. Press OK.
12. Your phone will begin the backup process, including backup of your WiMax Partition.
13. Once finished your phone will restart. DONE! A backup is now on your memory card.
1. Be sure HTC Sync is installed on your computer. (Link to download near top of first post)
2. Download the sprint RUU Download
3. Plug your phone in to your PC, select "charge only", then run the RUU File
Last edited by SHMaRiM; March 24th, 2011 at 03:46 PM.