View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2011, 09:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
rhunley
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Cry Cruz Reader R101 ROM Installation

I hope this is the right place for this post.

History: I have some experience with a AT&T Galaxy S Samsung Captivate that I am using happily rooted and upgraded to Froyo. I am now trying to develop an application on an inexpensive Android Tablet and have thus chosen the VM Cruz Reader R101. I have the Cruz Reader working rooted, with the Google App Market, etc. but have learned that I need to use the app2sd.sh since there is no Android 2.2 allowing me to install my app on the card instead of the very limited internal 256M of memory.

The issue: I cannot get to the menu to install a new ROM. I follow the steps exactly, but can only get to the VOL+/POWER step and never to the menu or status bar. It keeps looping between a white screen, the Cruz logo, and a black screen as long as I hold the 2 buttons.

Cause?: I am suspecting it has something to do with the ROM Manager I installed (there is no appropriate phone in their listing so I dropped it). I do not know much about the Clockwork Recovery, but suspect this is why the hard boot recovery won't work for me either.

Attempts: I also tried to install the Vanilla ROM, but since I can't get to the menu, I can't install ANY ROM!

Any help would be appreciated, even pointing me to a different resource if I am posting in the wrong place. I searched and couldn't find anything to help.

Thanks,