View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2010, 04:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
Polymira
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Sorry for the delayed posting, I don't check the forums all too often.

The "bug" I was experiencing is really a feature, and something I "fixed" very easily. Basically the way doggcatcher handled downloads/queue's is it downloads/queues the oldest episode of a podcast that you haven't listened to (sounds great right?). Only problem is when you first add all of your feeds, none of them are listened to .. including the ones that are a month old. So I just had to (one time) go through and mark everything listened to manually, then from that point on it's been working out fantastically.

After using doggcatcher for about a week, I've found that in my opinion it's the best podcatcher in the market. Ease of use, UI, reliability, features. It's exactly what I wanted. And with CES going on currently and a ton of podcasts releasing daily / more often then daily, it's fantastic having a podcatcher on my phone that isn't always a day+ behind on feeds!

I do recommend doggcatcher over any of the others, i tried every podcatcher with 3 or more stars in the market. All of the others were either un-reliable, or had some bug/feature/issue that just killed it for me. I use this every day back and forth from work, and when cleaning/etc. It's great.

The ONLY issue I have with doggcatcher, is that when you have it setup to only download over WiFi or while charging, you can't manually download a podcast if you aren't meeting those rules (on wifi/charging). In Listen you could still manually download a podcast even if you weren't... maybe something that will be fixed/added later