View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #103 (permalink)
Leslie Ann

Device(s): Evo V, Evo 4g, Optimus V
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou61166 View Post
This still does not explain,why people are buying these phones taking them home activating not installing any Apps and experiencing drops and not being able to reconnect without user input,you keep saying something someone installed,and you keep talking about Roms for rooted phones,most people looking for answers,dont care about hacking a phone,installing bugged roms and trying to get answers how to fix it,when they clearly have no understanding of what they are doing,in the first place,where i think the problem lies is in the firmware,seeing it's a radio chip issue,and not an OS Kernal issue,until either LG or Virgin mobile offer a flash fix of the firmware not the os this problem will continue intermittent or not,i appreciate your input,but your theories have no base and probably will not help new users with these issues,just saying, my opinion.
A. Activation has been shown to be a problem in itself.
If the activation fails for any reason, you experience similar, but slightly different problems. This is quite well documented. The problem is people confuse it with other issues or they have multiple problems at once.

B. It happens on rooted and non-rooted phones, stock rom or a modded rom. It simply doesn't matter.

C. I say it's partly user caused because many are using the hidden (possibly bad) menu, or apps that are accessing it. I acknowledge it is done unknowingly, same with the app creators, but the more you pile on a phone, the more problems you create. Every computer or computing system is like that, the more you add, the more problems you potentially cause. Yes, it is a firmware issue, but a properly activated phone, with nothing on it, seems to work just fine.

Won't help other people?
It will if we find the exact cause and someone issues a patch or a VERY good tutorial regarding the entire issue or even the app makers fix the apps accessing things wrong. Bug fixes start off techincal, then work their way down to the laymen. You have to identify the bug first.

As for no basis...
While some of it is based on another persons theory, the fact that I can recreate and eliminate the problem on demand (on multiple roms) means there is at least SOMETHING to what I am doing. The question is, why can I but no one else. It doesn't invalidate my research.