View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2011, 08:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Roze
Hiding behind a mystery

Device(s): Moto Atrix [lovin'] Nexus One [Lost] LG Vu [Lost]
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy0506 View Post
dang it, i thought sammy was going to start selling them to other manufacturers around now. that was the rumor a few months back.

i love the n1, but the touchscreen issues can be annoying. i had a vibrant for two weeks, and while i hated most of the phone - the screen looked gorgeous and its touchscreen sensitivity were awesome.

i'm surprised that someone else hasn't come up with a better screen yet.

oh well, the n1 isn't bad at all. guess our relationship will last a little longer than i thought.
Well right now, samsung's plant can not meet the other companies demand and last year, they announced that they were building a new plant that will be done end of Q3.

This is from the Samsung press released with the SAMOLED+ (I believe that's what the new display is called, lol) for 2012.

Quote:
Investment in Samsung Mobile Display to Expand AMOLED Leadership
Separately, joint venture Samsung Mobile Display Co., Ltd. announced it will invest an additional 2.5 trillion won to develop the world's largest Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode (AMOLED) display manufacturing facility in the Tangjeong Complex.

Samsung Mobile Display will establish the new 5.5 generation (1300x1500 mm) AMOLED line by 2012 with a capacity of 70,000 panels per month. Once complete, the line will be able to produce panels for applications in AMOLED TVs, allowing for further growth opportunities in the cutting-edge display technology.
SAMSUNG's Digital World

But other sources say it's July 2011: AMOLED shortage leads Samsung to build $2.1 billion factory, HTC to switch to TFT
The Desire and Google Nexus One from HTC must switch from AMOLED to LCD

I am in love with the SAMOLED. Some people complain that the colour is over saturated and 'not natural', lol...but it's still gorgeous XD

Many thanks,
Roze