Thread: Velocity Script
View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2011, 11:18 PM   #33 (permalink)
savoxis
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus (CM10 Nightlies) and too many old devices to list
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via MSN to savoxis Send a message via Skype™ to savoxis savoxis@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfGreen View Post
i wiped my cache in recovery and when i rebooted it took way long like the dalvik was wiped too.
That is because recovery DID wipe your dalvik-cache. Since you have moved your dalvik over to /cache its new location is /cache/dalvik-cache, when recovery wipes cache is mounts the cache partition then deletes everything it can off of it.

Quote:
But what i want to know is where did my cache go and why wouldnt it clear in recovery but did with cache mate?
Recovery did sucessfully wipe your cache, the reason cachemate showed that it cleared more after the phone booted is because there are parts of cache that cannot be wiped in recovery, because they are in use by recovery.

Quote:
Now this hasnt caused me any trouble just curious and dont recall (may not have noticed) this with dtapps2sd script for dalvik2cache!
I don't recall either, however it may be important to take note of what recovery you are using it is possible but not probable that ClockworkMod has a check to see if your dalvik is located on /cache and avoid wiping it if it is.

I also would like to ask why you have been paying so much attention to the cache, and wiping in recovery. Your cache partition is incredibly large (128mb other devices have as little as 56!) and this is why it is being used for optional dalvik-cache migration and the Script's default download location. These two things will be taking up most of your room on cache as it stands, and the script allows you to wipe the download caches within. Also the system takes good care to manage its cache space, most items stored in cache are cleaned automatically.

This being said I think there are other areas you might want to pursue if you are looking for performance enhancing. The easiest being using less apps. I have in the past used apps from the market to disable startup for applications, I find this to boost performance and battery life immensely and plan on incorporating something like this in the script soon.
There Aint No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
Donate
The Following User Says Thank You to savoxis For This Useful Post:
seen03 (March 24th, 2011)