View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2010, 10:03 AM   #19 (permalink)
Rjohnjr

Device(s): Sprint HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkranzler5 View Post
I have purchased both Doggcatcher and BeyondPod, and I like the user interface of Doggcatcher better but there is one thing that is killing me. The bluetooth headset functionality seems to be hit or miss. With the music app and BeyondPod, my stereo headset (Both an Insignia brand and the Jabra Halo) work fine (play/pause button plays and pauses, etc.) however with Doggcatcher the buttons are wrong. If I press play/pause nothing happens but if I press the next/previous buttons it will pause and play. So it just seems like the buttons are setup wrong. If the stereo bluetooth headset buttons worked fully I would use Doggcatcher fully but for now its back to BeyondPod!

This problem seems exceedingly odd.

I am using an Altec-Lansing/Plantronics BackBeat 903 with a Sprint Samsung Moment and am definitely not experiencing this sort of problem. The buttons on the headset work as expected, and seem to do so across all applications I have used them with.

I HAVE encountered an problem where, on occasion, use of the play/pause button will trigger a second audio application (such as the built in music app) to start playing right on top of a podcast. The fix for this seems to be to go in and use TaskKiller to kill the music app. I don't think the problem is with DoggCatcher -- the problem has happened to me several times with several different podcast programs.

FWIW, I cast another vote for DoggCatcher. I have been using Listen for quite some time but had become extremely frustrated with the long delays in getting updates to podcasts -- they often would not be available in Listen for 24 hours or longer after they had been released. DoggCatcher seems to pick them up right away. I have only had it for about a day, but at this point is a keeper, definitely worth paying for.