View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Droidized

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Glad you found a solution to your question. IMHO, your "so I will share since nobody else will." statement was a little over the top. As though someone read your question, had an answer, but intentionally didn't post it just to spite you? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digit View Post
I found out the hard way... hours of phone calls and searching websites. Seems nobody will share but I WILL!

After much searching, I made the final call to HTC and got someone who truly knew the answer, so I will share since nobody else will. BTW I've updated 2 Aria's since this original posting.
~~~~~~~~~
When it tells you that it has disconnected (so it was explained) is that it's gone to the root rather than using Sync. It will not recognize the Sync or connection program because you've gone into the 'heart' of the ROM. THIS IS NORMAL so do not fear. This is hard to do as I white knucked through it it the first time because... who wants a brick. Just keep going with the install program from the PC thru the USB cable. Each of mine took about 4 to 5 minutes, maybe less and the reboot can take a couple of minutes.

YOU WILL
lose the ability to assign a seperate picture on the lock screen. *sadly*
have to reset your preferences and re-pair any bluetooth items.
need to reset any Google/gmail acct to use android market to D/L prev used apps

Hope this helps. We need a STICKY on this subject. PLEEEEZE Somebody.
Last edited by Droidized; March 27th, 2011 at 08:16 PM. Reason: per digit's request to correct the quote