View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2011, 04:16 AM   #32 (permalink)
hulzey0711

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjb1980 View Post
Hi I'm new,

I had a similar problem the on the second day I owned the phone. After searching and searching I was unable to find a way to fix the problem and ended up having to do a hard reset and restore it to factory. Here are the instructions if you wish to go down that path.

Shut your Android Galaxy S down (Power off) or remove Battery.
Now press Volume up, Home and Power together.
If the Samsung Symbol is comming up leave the Home Button.
Then there is a boot Menu
Volume Up and Down to Navigate , Home to select the choosen option
Select erase data or something like it
then select reboot after data been deleted and the phone will go back to factory setting
now you have start app downloads all over again

I have located another possible answer although I have not (touch wood) had to try and do this myself it may work for you.

Issue 10077 - android - Google "ignore dots" feature not handled properly for "too many pattern attempts" fallback screen unlock - Project Hosting on Google Code

let me know how you go.

i spent hours on phone and internet and tried so many ways to unlock my phone from pattern lock bullshit and really this was the only usefull thing that actually worked. Dont waiste ya time with gmail password reseting or anything like it or sending it away and paying someone else to do this exact same thing. Follow the above instructions correctly and i promise it works but it will reset your phone to like when ya first got it with nothing on it but atleast you can use it again and no more frustration cuz i really dont have any patience for shit like this lol.

thanks heaps bjb1980
Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S samsung galaxy s big problem with pattern code and gmail