i got the atrix last week. and i was thinking of returning it cause i was having signal issues, wifi issues, adn it was jsut running crappy compared to my inspire...i read ALLOT this weekend on various sites and i must say after doing all the the stuff mentioned below this is new phone. i am so happy i spent some time on it and worked at it. This phone is the best i have owned and i have owened almost all android GSM phones along with balckberrys and iphones. I am running the Motorolla stock launcher and it is nice and fast..
ANyone having issues Please try this before returning
1. SBF to 1.2.6 THIS made the WORLD of diffrence. dont ask me how, but it did. Here is a link to the guide and files. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991072
2. Root and install Titanium Pro(you must have PRO to freeze)
3. Freeze all Apps from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=972459
link. pay attention to the ones you freeze depending on what you will use.
4. My 3g/EDGE issues with the handoffs was solved by changing the UMTS settings to "2g only" and NOT selecting "automatic" for operator. More on that here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1011515
...... i dont loose my signal at all now when it hands off.
**now i know some wont want to do this but i get crappy 3g where i am so i dont care not to have 3g**
5. for my WIFI issue (Wifi having trouble connecting after phone is woken up) i went in to WIFI Settings, then click the bottom left button, then advanced and disabled WIFI sleep. That did it for me.
This phone is still running blur - all the apps, widgets i froze and runs perfect. i am super happy. VERY fast and INCREDIBLE battery Life...Please try all of this before posting its junk and you returned it. I am jsut saying that this made the world of diffrecne for me and i hope it does for all of you as well..