View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Red_Avatar

Device(s): HTC Desire
Carrier: Not Provided

I'd be pretty pissed off myself and it happened to me with Samsung. I had the Samsung 226bw screen which was very popular. The backlight broke and I sent it in for repairs only to get back a refurbished unit. I had several problems with it:

a) the backlight showed considerable age (a regular backlight will be white when new and grow more yellow over time) - this one was very yellow

b) the panel itself (the reason I had bought the screen originally) was completely misconfigured colour-wise. As a graphic designer, I wanted a good screen for gaming and designing but my colour calibration device couldn't correct it well enough - turns out I had a cheaper panel and because the screen was so popular, they had to use panels that were of inferior quality. My original screen had the high-quality panel yet the refurbished unit was not only more yellow in colour, it also had the cheapest of panels.

I contacted them telling them that this screen was not acceptable and did not perform any longer according to the specs. I never got a response back except for a standard one stating something along the lines of "a refurbished unit is a perfectly working unit that will perform adequately bla bla". So yeah

It's no use saying you'll never buy any of their hardware anymore because all firms are like that today. They outsource everything they can and getting a straight answer or help from them requires a ridiculous amount of effort.