View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2011, 01:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
crz6662

Device(s): All Rooted/Flashed - Nexus 7, T-MO Samsung SGS2, Motorola Defy MB525, G1, Sony Ericsson, Motorola Ra
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks for the reply. I'll download the new version & check it out.
As far as the "in red", I just assumed if it was a good file, it's green, if it's bad, it's red. That's what I thought the app did, so you didn't install a corrupted file. I had already deleted all my backups so I couldn't do a check of those. I'm not understanding what good is knowing the MD5 checksum hex if I can't edit it, fix it or whatever. Not being a smart ass at all, just don't know. I'd appreciate any further explanation you could give me.
I'm still a bit lost as to what exactly the app does if it's not to tell me if a files good or not. What's the purpose ?
I'm far from an expert, that's why I listen/learn from guys like you, so thanks again for your time.

You are correct, I am not using a Droid Eris, I'm using the HTC Dream/T-Mobile G1. I know we're not talking the same phone but a lot of things with android can pertain to the system & not a particular phone. I'd say that's the case here though you might not be able to give me step by step instruction. I've gained more here than elsewhere.

When researching MD5 this is 1 of the sites that came up. This forum was actually 1 of the more helpful.

Will your new version tell me if I have a bad file ? Going to download now and see what she does.
Appreciate any more feedback. Thanks.