View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2011, 02:49 PM   #35 (permalink)
erisuser1

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by crz6662 View Post
Ah ha. A bulb just lite up. Even a single empty space will change my checksum. I think it finally clicked guys.

Won't be renaming. Period.
I looked at the nandroid-mobile.sh script - it would fault out BEFORE any md5sum checks were performed (and give you a different error message) if the "nandroid.md5" file could not be found (for instance, if the backup folder name had some spaces in it).

I rename nandroid backups all the time - I just avoid the use of anything but letters, digits, dashes, underscores, and the dot (".") character.

The "nandroid.md5" file only contains the names "boot.img", "system.img", "data.img", et cetera - the only way that you would get a "MD5 mismatch" error if you changed the names of THOSE files (not the folder that contained them).

It should be easy enough for you to figure out which of those image files is giving you fits - use AFV to examine each of them, and then compare the MD5 checksums one by one to the values reported in the "nandroid.md5" file (it is a simple text file).

eu1
The Following User Says Thank You to erisuser1 For This Useful Post:
crz6662 (March 29th, 2011)