Thread: General Flytouch 2
View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2011, 01:46 AM   #68 (permalink)
Buzzy

Device(s): Flytouch II, Samsung Galaxy S captivate
Carrier: Not Provided

Greets.
I bought my Flytouch 2 from this Hong Kong website; Flying Touch II 10.1 inch Google Android 2.1 GPS MID Tablet PC
They had the best price i could find. I havent had any trouble with it or with the registration code.
I have updated it without any problems. Currently at firmware 2752.
I have been reading through this tread and hope that i can offer some useful tidbits of info.
Someone was asking about the 3G function. It definitely needs an external USB modem of various specific brands. The company i bought it from clearly specified that when i purchased it (wish i did purchase it now)
here is the link; E1916 3G Modem Dongle CDMA Wireless USB Stick for Flying Touch II MID
I just use my galaxy phone as an mobile access point when i need internet.
The GPS works great without the antenna and seems to be almost military accurate with the antenna.
I am not crazy about the single point resistive touch - especially when i am comparing it directly to my samsung galaxy but i did only spent 147 bucks on it after all.
I wish it had bluetooth. I saw a vid on some slavic speaking tech who was able to mod it somehow but i couldnt understand anything he said. I have usb bluetooth dongles but the present firmware has discluded any drivers for bluetooth.
I read in another thread that froyo will be too much for the Flytouch/superpad/wowpad etc to handle. We only 256 mb of ram and Froyo needs 512. So unless they strip it down i am thinking we wont see a 2.2 rom.
I am watching for custom roms to become the norm for this thing but until then i am not gonna mess with my pad. I gotta wait at least 6 months before i rip it apart (which seems to involve delaminating the adhesive around the screen edge to expose the screws undneath. I have access to the high quality double sided tape that is used to hold the polycarb top layer on but i am still not crazy about mutilating this thing just yet.
Anyways so far i love the pad and i hope my links can be of use to some peeps.