View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2010, 05:17 PM   #27 (permalink)
sycamore714

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooper_droid12 View Post
It's a bitter love-hate relationship. They don't always have the sexiest phones. Their prices and control seem to be pretty ridiculous. But they can do it because they simply have the best coverage. I was only in San Diego a week ago, trying to find a burger place called Hodads; my brother-in-law on his BB calling on at&t and me on VZW... he dropped his call three times in succession. Not only was I able to search the website for Hodads, get a phone number and address, but I was able to then pull maps and get navigation during the same time window.

But VZW knows they have a great network, so they charge accordingly. And until the DROID came out, they were sticklers about supporting their applications (e.g. VCast, etc.) With the DROID, they seemed to relax their stranglehold. The big surprise at CES was Google announcing that the N1 will be on the VZW network.

Honestly, I'm rooting for the other carriers to get their act together to topple VZW. VZW is still the only carrier I can use to get signal in the Metro Subway tunnels. Insane! C'mon TMo, Sprint and at&t, get it together!
Verizon no doubt had very good coverage all over and a great reliable network.However others are not as bad as verizon is advertising it to be.

For example AT&T 3G bandwidth is hogged by iphone users and hence their network is literally chocked in big cities like newyork.

I majored in network engineering and i can tell you that part of why the verizon network is holding up because they dont have really data intensive phones. Droid is an exception that was launched recently but the their data consumption no way near ATT

Just wait for the phone to come to verizon and it is guarenteed to collase just like Att.

I am not trying to defend any network but just saying cause there a lot of people who are mislead by the vzw ads that only their network is the best which is not true.

Also I own a Iphone 3GS , Palm pre , Droid and a nexus so basically I am on all 4 carriers