View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2011, 08:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
tpbklake

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmbrmky View Post
I have seen many of the same questions but never a real answer to the question - it always turns over to some other issue or gets highjacked!

I rooted my aria and installed the Liberated ROM - Perfect. Everything is right in my world now....except one of the main reasons I rooted was for space on my phone so I can download as many apps as I want and not feel guilty about bogging my phone down. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to move them over. I even got a bigger 8gb sd for more space. Can someone PLEEEEAAAAASSSSSE help me? TIA!!!

Oh and a side note question (don't mean to highjack my own post...) sometimes when I power my phone down it goes to the ClockWork Mod Recovery screen - not sure why or if it's just supposed to do that now but I do a nandroid back up everytime b/c I figure it probably needs it anyways???? Any thoughts on that?
On the Liberated ROM, you simply need to use ROM Manager to create a EXT2/EXT3 partition on your SD card for the A2SD component to start working.

On your second question the original battery charging icon was in the original Aria recovery module. Even though you 'powered' off the Aria, the phone enters 'recovery mode' when you have the USB cable plugged in. On the Aria, the recovery mode would then display the battery charging icon. Since you rooted your Aria and installed a custom recovery module (ClockworkMod), the phone stills enters 'recovery mode' when you power down the phone with the USB cable, but in this case, ClockworkMod does not have a battery icon screen to show you, so it just shows you the main menu.

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to tpbklake For This Useful Post:
kmbrmky (April 3rd, 2011)